Sunday, October 7, 2007

Happy Pre-Thanksgiving!?

I'm back again. Today is my Thanksgiving. Why? Like many people, I did not get the Monday off from work. They give out a form at work asking if you want to "volunteer" to work on Thanksgiving, (October 8th) Yes or No. I, and many others I know at work, selected "No". Not one of us got the day off.

To be honest, though, it's better for me to work it. Reason for that is that my family is coming down for dinner today. Tomorrow, is just a regular day, and I get holiday pay at work, and nothing different to do at work. So, in this case, I'll take it.

I just hope the Christmas holidays work out better for days off. Yes, I realize I'm spoiled that some people may not even get the option to take days off for various reasons.

Well, lets see, what else is new? Nothing too much else really.

I recently got out the old Sega Genesis and Sega CD system. It still works. I'm playing the Eternal Champions game. Its basically a Street Fighter clone. It's not a bad game, considering its now, like 15 years old now. I also ordered the sequel for it off eBay. I was the only bidder in the auction. Total cost: 1 cent! Shipping: $5.99. Grand Total: $6.00! Not half bad. I expect to get it this week. The game is gory though. I'm shocked how violent that game is. That was even before the time they had that ESRB game rating system. Let's just say, keep away the squeamish!

What I also like to do, before I turn in for the night at around 1 - 2 am, is throw in any old DVD or VHS movie, let it play in the background, and fall asleep. What astounds me, is that about 50% of the time, the movie is ejected from the player in the morning, but I have my player set to not do that, just stop once its finished. Which means I stop it and eject the movie WHILE I'M SLEEPING!!! Thats a little creepy to me, especially because I put the remote on the table beside me, so I cant roll over it when I'm sleeping.

I really cant think of anything else to type for now. Perhaps I'll talk more tonight, or tomorrow night after I get back from work. In fact, next time I'll tell another story from the 'Verge.

Till Next Time!

Nekk!

1 comment:

jill said...

Nah... I like school, so having a day off isn't a benefit for me. If anything, it's just one more day I could be using to get more info from my professors so I don't fail the tests! Bah, humbug. Happy Thanksgiving to you though, if you like it ^_^