Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Part 2

Hello again to the one person who actually reads this...me. LOL! I most people I know don't have a blog of their own. A few do, but they tend to update less often than myself! I know 1 or 2 that make regular updates, but that is pretty much about it.

Well, I've made a decision. I'm getting a new computer by the end of 2008! My computer, I got back in 2003, is starting to feel a bit dates. I've upgraded essentially everything I can, and I can't do most things that a computer SHOULD DO these days. I can play games made from 2005 or earlier. I can surf the Internet. I can listen to music. I can edit pictures, but it takes forever to load any changes I make to it. I can't really hope to do any video editing or play any of the recent games out there. I can see the end of this computers life coming really soon. This rig has served me well over the years. It has survived multiple power outages, a mini-flood, dropping of the case onto the floor, just to name a few. I am quite pleased overall.

My Final Computer Specs: (to anyone who cares about this stuff)

  • Pentium 4 - 2.4GHZ Intel Processor
  • 1G of RAM - Upgraded from 512MB
  • ATI Radeon 9200 - 128MB PCI Video (THIS IS KILLING ME!!!) - Upgraded from 32MB onboard video
  • Sound Blaster Audigy 24-bit Sound Card - Upgraded from onboard
  • SONY DVD +-R/RW Burner - Upgraded from generic CD Burner
  • Samsung SyncMaster 225BW  22' Monitor LCD Flatscreen - Upgraded from older Syncmaster (came with computer)
  • HP Officejet 5610 All in one Printer - Upgraded from All in One Lexmark x85
  • Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Combo
  • Hard Drives: 250G, 200G, and 80G - All different than the original 80G it came with. Long story, another time perhaps.

With the exception of the processor, and the case, everything is upgraded from original. The question remains, do I get a Windows Home Premium (or ultimate if I can afford it), or do I go with a Mac? I've always wanted to try my hand an another system, but game selection will be a big factor in my decision. I will update here when I make my choice.

I'm already on my second week of vacation, starting next week (March 10th to be exact.) I get 3 weeks in the year, and my third is going to be the week of May 5th. My first week was in February. Why am I taking them all so early in the year? I have a few reasons. One, There is only so much I can take being at a place that is very likely to set you off if either a customer or a manager says something to you in the wrong way. Second, with the possibility of my employer leaving Canada to some overseas country, I'm not going to say where or how (much) they will pay them, with me not getting a week in the summer, the next choices would be in the end of September to November. There is a chance, small, I admit, but a chance that I could be out of a job by then. I don't want to risk not getting my 3 weeks. Lastly, with the weather we are getting here, I don't want to drive in this crap. With the storm we had today, and another one coming in the next few days, I think I'm making a good decision.

Enough for tonight.

As a quick note, I like this Windows Writer program. It's easy to add blogs, I just put it my account information, and select the blog provider. That's IT! Best of all, its FREE!

BTW: If you notices the YouTube video of my friend doing karaoke...there will be more coming soon!

Out!

Nekk!

No comments: