Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It's About Darn Time...

Holy Crap! My last post was March 2008?!?!

To be honest, I kind of lost interest in blogging! (Do I not even hear 1 shock or awe note... probably not, lol!)

A LOT HAS HAPPENED IN 7 MONTHS!

First thing. I mentioned in a previous blog, that I was getting a new computer. Well, I've had it since March Break, 2008. Has been very good so far.

Here are the specs:

- AMD Quad Core Processor - Running at 5.52 GHZ
- 3 Gigs RAM
- NVIDIA 8500 GT Video (sore spot, still works great for my needs)
- 2x 300g Hard Drives
- Windows Vista Home Premium (VISTA IS NOT AS BAD AS MAC SAYS IT IS!!!)

It runs ALL my games I have now. I bought some new ones too, like Mass Effect, and Lego Indiana Jones, and Microsoft Flight Simulator X. All run great, and the quality is on high on most of the games, Medium on the rest. Even Low is still better than my previous computer ever was. My old computer still works, and I gave it to my sister.

I also got a PS3! I bought it off EBay... I'm not going to say how much I paid for it... Lets just say that I could have bought a few more games along with the system for the price I paid. I admit... I don't use EBay too much. I got lots of games for it now: Unreal Tournament III, MX Vs ATV, WWE Smackdown Vs RAW 2008, FolkLore, NHL 09, Soul Calibur IV. Rock Band 1 & 2, Guitar Hero III, Lego Batman, Assassins Creed, Virtua Fighter 5. All good games. RockBand 2 and Soul Calibur 4 are my personal favourites.

OMG... I'm STILL WORKING AT CONVERGYS!!! I'm now over 3 years running. September 2005 is when I started. My training class had 25 people, now it's myself and one other left, and THAT'S IT!!! I was in class 77, now they are closing on class 180 being sent on the floor. They haven't stopped hiring there. I've had MANY calls now... too many to count now. There is a system we have (I cant say due to privacy, and the fact that I forget the name anyway, lol, that lets us see how may calls we've taken. I'm gonna check it and post back, hopefully soon!

I'd like to post a review or 2 for some movies. We'll see if I can make a regular habit of this.

First, review of Office Space. OMG... It hits all the right notes for what I do. Not having enough "Flair" is alot line being at work. We have to "sound" like were smiling to all the customers. and to me, seems like sucking up and bending over backwords to take care of the customers. Then filing the "TPS Reports" and having several people say the same thing. It's the same thing where I work. I get told by my boss to do things a certain way. Then, Their boss tells me the same thing AGAIN the next day. I realize they are trying to do the right thing, but still, it gets annoying. All the actors were great, could have used less swearing (not that I'm the shining example in this respect). But I like to show off things I like to others, and some could be offended. Also, movie could have been a little longer. Still, excellent movie. 4.5/5

Next. a little oddball of a movie. DOA: Dead or Alive. Basically, a cheesy action flick involving mostly women. (I'm a man, so obviously I fit into the main target audience) Basically, there's a tournament to prove the best fighters in the world. Winner gets $10 Million. All the actresses and actors must have practiced before the movie was even filmed. There is some story. One character, Kasumi, goes to fight and see if she can find out what happened to her brother. It was reported he was dead, he was not, just held hostage. She was considered an Outcast (shinobi) and an assassin was sent to kill her. I'm not going to spoil the entire movie, but they never FINISHED the tournament. There was no prize given out (in fact, someone stole it, but could not keep it). Basically, action flick, that could have been longer. 3.5/5

Well, I've talked for a long time now. I will definately try to post more often. Hopefully one a week. I want to say alot more, but I don't want to run out of thoughts in my first post. Things like the recent Elections (Both in Canada and the USA), The Toronto Maple leafs. And posting videos on youtube. I plan on doing whats called a "Lets Play" series. Search for that to see MANY examples. My username is pyrelite22... Don't ask me how I came up with it. I want blame it on drugs or beer, but I don't do drugs and I don't drink, so I really don't know.

Later!

Out!

No comments: